HELP.LK Tutors Honor Code
The Honor Code is a Help.lk Tutors policy promoting academic integrity. It articulates our expectations of students and tutors in establishing and maintaining the highest standards in academic work.
ஆசிரியர்கள் மரியாதைக் குறியீடு
Help.lk Tutors does not condone and will not be involved in facilitating academic dishonesty, such as knowingly assisting students to cheat, commit fraud, or obtain grades or degrees they have not earned. This includes:
- Cheating: Requesting or providing unauthorised outside help on an academic assignment
- Impersonation: Assuming a student’s identity for any purpose
- Plagiarism: Using the work of another person without proper attribution
Tutors shall not take tests nor complete any graded assignments for students. Tutors may not knowingly help a student cheat, plagiarise, or engage in any action that violates the academic honor code of the class or the school. Any evidence that a tutor has knowingly facilitated cheating will be cause for his or her immediate removal as a tutor from the site.
We encourage teaching, helping students understand concepts and developing effective problem-solving approaches. Good tutoring means providing educational value to a student. It is built upon helping students understand concepts and developing effective problem-solving approaches. A good tutor should never just give out answers without explanations, but rather aid the student to get there themselves.
The Help.lk Tutors team understands the pressures and time constraints school creates. However, the risk students take by violating their school’s code of academic integrity is not worth the reward. Copying solutions or requesting unexplained final answers promotes completion without comprehension, which is something we don’t support at Help.lk.
At Help.lk Tutors, we give you great responsibility and place trust in you representing yourself as an education professional to students and parents using our service. As current and former students yourselves, we trust that you understand the principles of academic integrity, but would like to remind you that you’re required to uphold the following practices:
- Convey that tutoring is not a replacement for students attending class or doing their homework. The tutor’s role is to help students understand concepts and develop effective problem-solving approaches.
- Using only your work and not copying the work of others. This is considered plagiarism. Furthermore, you will also agree to not fabricate material and properly attribute your sources.
- Provide honest time estimates how long a lesson will take.